MOTDRA MILEAGE PROGRAM:
1. The MOTDRA mileage program will record the mileage completed by a horse and/ or rider on a life time basis, as long as the member is enrolled in the program. Awards will be presented at appropriate intervals to properly enrolled individuals. To enroll the rider must be a member of MOTDRA.
2. 2A. The initial fee into the program is $10.00 for a horse or rider entry. One horse and rider together may be discounted to $15. Thereafter, an annual fee of $5 for each horse and each rider is required. Any ride miles completed before enrollment in the mileage program may be bought back at a $5.00 per ride fee unless this is an initial enrollment. On initial enrollment, MOTDRA will count all MOTDRA (only) back miles completed during that first year. Any other ride miles that were completed within 18 months need to be bought for a $5.00 per ride fee, with documented proof, if
the rider chooses to count them.
2.B Clarification on Rule allowing a member to 'buy' the miles for a year they were not a member.
1. Members will be allowed to pick up miles from a past year beyond 18 months.
2. Pay the membership fee, the mileage program fee and 5.00 per ride.
3. Proof of completion and mileage on score sheet & send to Point Secretary.
3. It is required that any horse or rider in the program complete one MOTDRA-sanctioned ride per calendar year and any rider in the program enter or work a second MOTDRA-sanctioned ride per calendar year.
4. Completion miles for any organizations' sanctioned distance rides, either competitive or endurance, will count in the MOTDRA mileage program
1st Recognition after 150 miles are completed
2nd Recognition after 300 miles are completed
3rd Recognition after 500 miles are completed
4th Recognition after each 500 miles completed thereafter. (1000, 1500, 2000, etc.)
These are some of the items given in the past.
150 miles Stocking Hat or Ear Head Band-----Rider and Horse
300 miles Hat----Rider and Horse
500 miles Plaque with picture
1000 miles T shirt with picture or embroidery --- Horse and Rider
1500 miles Sweat shirt with picture or embroidery
2000 es Clock for the Rider Coffee mug to honor Horse
2500 miles Jacket----- Rider Rain Sheet or Hay Bag----- Horse
3000 miles Duffie Bag------ Rider Halter or Lined Blanket----- Horse
3500 miles Helmet-------Rider Will check with owner for item ----Horse
4000 miles Will check with Rider for item. Picture Blanket ------Horse
5000 miles Will work with Rider/owner for awards.
5. In order to record correct non-MOTDRA mileage, a report form furnished by MOTDRA, must be sent in to the mileage secretary by Dec.1st. All mileage turned in after Dec.1st shall be counted toward the following year.
6. In order to get CORRECT mileage the mileage forms need to be sent in to the Mileage/Point Secretary by Dec. 1.
7. A MOTDRA ride manager and his/her animal will get mileage credits for the ride he/she manages.
MOTDRA HIGH POINT PROGRAM
1A. The MOTDRA High Point Program will honor the highest scoring horse of each ride season. If three Junior Riders qualify their horses, a High Point Division will be presented to Junior Riders in a separate division.
2A. There is no fee for these programs, however only paid MOTDRA members are eligible.
2B. No back points will be counted, i.e., only those points accrued after the dues are paid in full will count.
2C. The horse must enter the designated MOTDRA Benefit ride, plus whichever other rides the rider chooses. If a horse or rider is unable to compete in the benefit ride, the owner may work the ride (includes trail preparation before the actual ride date), or pay the full open division entry fee to keep the horse eligible for points.
2D. Only rides actually sanctioned with MOTDRA will count. See rule 5.1 of the General Rules. All Ride Managers and Co-Manager's points for that year will be averaged and given to them for their ride or rides they have managed.
EXAMPLE: Ride Managers year end Total Points Earned
Number of MOTDRA Sanctioned Rides for the year= Ride Managers Average Points to be given for the ride/rides managed.
MOTDRA COMBINED HIGH POINT
3A. will be given to the horse with the highest combined score of MOTDRA sanctioned competitive and MOTDRA Sanctioned endurance rides. Requirements: they must do 1 MOTDRA sanctioned AERC ride, a MOTDRA BENEFIT ride (ride, pay or Work*) & a MOTDRA competitive ride in a different location, 25 miles or more. ONE (1) Placing will be given in this division,
3B. MOTDRA CTR HIGH POINT OPEN AWARD (25 MILES OR MORE)
Requirement: Must do the MOTDRA Benefit ride (ride, pay or work*) plus 1 MOTDRA CTR of the same distance in a different location. The top 3 horses will be recognized.
3C. MOTDRA CTR HIGH POINT LIMITED DISTANCE (15miles) Requirement: must do the MOTDRA Benefit ride (ride, pay or work*) plus 1 MOTDRA CTR of the same distance in a different location.
The Top 3 horses will be recognized
MOTDRA TRAIL HORSE AWARD
The horse(s) that complete 2/3 of the total miles available OR 225 miles, which ever is the least will be recognized.
MOTDRA CTR TRAIL RIDER AWARD :
This award will recognize the rider(s) in the mileage program that *participate in ALL MOTDRA CTR rides where MOTDRA scoring is used. Ride manages will get credit for their dates.
(Updated March 2022)
*Definition of Work: Working a ride is when you volunteer with the ride manager to assist them with the ride reparation and or ride duties assigned by the ride manager. They will report any assistance to the point secretary for credit.
*Definition of participating: to enter and take part in the ride or actively take part in working the ride.
Points will be counted according to the following table
Miles Completed 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th Completion
15-24 6 5 4 3 2 1 0.5
25-49 8 7 6 5 4 3 1.5
50-74 10 9 8 7 6 5 3
75-100 12 11 10 9 8 7 5
REVISED/UPDATED June 2022
MARYBELL COOPER AWARD:
In honor of our foundation member this award will be presented each year to the MOTDRA rider who has the most miles MOTDRA sanction ride miles that year. If multiple rides accumulate the identical miles, multiple awards will be given.
Sponsored by Marjorie Vaughn
BOB CUTTER AWARD:
This award is in recognition of the member who, because of various reasons, chooses to work MOTDRA sanctioned rides, instead of riding these rides. It will be awarded to the member who works the most MOTDRA rides in the competitive ride year. This will be determined by each ride manager creating a list of workers to be handed to Pat Gifford.
Sponsor by Pat Griffard
To be given to the horse who, in its first year of long distance riding competition, has earned the most POINTS at any distance during the current competition year. The horse, owned by an active member, must have entered and completed a minimum of two (2) approved MOTDRA events. Ties will be broken by flipping a coin to determine the winner of the material award, but reported as a tie.
Sponsored by Perry-Trent Law Firm (Rhonda Levinson)
This award will be given to the grade (non-registered) horse that completes the most MOTDRA sanctioned miles in a ride year. If two or more horses have the same mileage, the award will go to the horse with the highest points using the MOTDRA high-point system.
Sponsored by Rosemarie Doyle
JUNIOR RIDER AWARD:
One (1) will go to a MOTDRA member under 18 who earns the most miles in LIMITED distance.
One(1) will go to a MOTDRA member under 18 who earns the most points in OPEN distance.
Sponsored by Larry and Bev Chesnut and Soft Touch Pet Grooming
Middle of the Trail Distance Riders Association
Copyright © 2023 Middle of the Trail Distance Riders Association - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder